Your personal information is handled carefully by GupShup World, and it is never disclosed without your permission. This privacy statement explains everything you need to know about privacy statements and how the law protects you in that regard.
Who We Are?
- We do our best to protect your personal information and don’t share it with anyone without your permission. We use appropriate security measures when we outsource any processes, so you need not worry about your identifiable information.
- You’ll get emails from us from time to time to enquire queries and send you reminders, copyrights, or warnings.
- We will ask for individual details only when it is needed for business purposes and will use your identifiable information where it is necessary and legal to use.
- We make clear dealing with our users and there wouldn’t be any doubts that how we will collect your information and for what purpose we will use it.
- We ensure the security of your data and will use it only for the purpose it was collected originally.
If you are using our website this means that you agree with our policy to collect your information and use it for improving the performance of the website and providing better services.
Like other similar types of websites, the Gup Shup world gets the information of the users that web browsers and servers typically make available, like the date and time of visitors, browser type, language preference, and referring sites. This information does not help get the personal information about the user like his name, location, or any payment methods. This information is not to share with other sites or companies. It is collected for a better understanding of how users use the website, for what purpose they use it, and from where they are using it. The Gup Shup World releases this information from time to time in aggregate as reports on trends in the usage of the site.
The Gup Shup World will collect the personal information like IP address, email id, name, and password of those who apply for a subscription, newsletter, or comment on a post. But this information is not visible to anyone outside the company. Even this information is only visible to the administrator of the website.
The Gup Shup World collects different types of information about the user depending on how they are interacting with the website. The amount and time of the information depend on the nature of using the website. For example, we may ask your email id for subscribing to newsletters and updates on the website. If you want to comment on a post your email, name, and website address may be asked. This personal information will not share with anyone as mentioned above. The user can also have the option of refusing to provide any personal information while commenting on the post.
The Gup Shup World will sometimes collect statistical information about the activities and behavior of the user on the website. The information may be shared publically or on other websites. However, the company will not share personal information with others as mentioned above.
What Legal Guidelines do we Base Our Processing on?
We must have a valid cause for processing your personal data in order to do so. The GDPR outlines these legitimate grounds for collecting, using, and storing personal data by organizations. Some of the legal bases serve as our foundation:
- If you are one of our visitors, such as an article reader or event participant, we will process your personal information on the theory that it is required for us to offer you our information.
- In certain circumstances, we process your personal information only with your express consent. You have the option to withdraw your agreement at any time in cases where you have voluntarily accepted and “opted-in,” such as when you asked to receive marketing emails from us.
- Your personal data may need to be processed and shared by us in order to meet our legal responsibilities, preserve our rights, or protect the rights of others. For tax or financial reporting purposes, for instance, we must get certain information from you in order to process your membership payment.
The Gup Shup World will restrict children under the age of 13 to use the website. We will not collect any personal information of these minors willingly. Sometimes children provide personally identifying information to the website. If the parent or graduate requests, the company will remove the information from the server.
PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Although we acknowledge that some of our publications, such as those in our Kids Fashion category, may appeal to a younger audience, our information is not intended for children and are instead for a general audience. We have taken proactive steps to ensure that we follow by all applicable rules and regulations across our portfolio, and we never intentionally collect or send marketing messages to children under the age of thirteen. Additionally, we have one brand, To ensure that we collect and use this data in accordance with applicable laws, we have put in place special measures, like obtaining parental consent.
Californians’ right to privacy
Only residents of California are covered by this section. It explains how we obtain, use, and disclose California residents’ Personal Information for business operations as well as their rights with regard to that Personal Information.
Personal information has the same definition as in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”), for the purposes of this section. It excludes data that is legally accessible from records maintained by the federal, state, or local governments; de-identified or aggregated data; and data that is outside the purview of the CCPA/CPRA.
Double Click Cookies
Your Legal Rights
- You have access to a number of rights thanks to various data protection laws:
- You have the right to request access to and a copy of the personal information we maintain about you.
- Additionally, if there are any errors in your personal data, you can ask to have them corrected. Even if we periodically update your information, you can still ask that we make any necessary corrections.
- You can always ask for your data to be removed or deleted from our system, albeit there’s a chance we won’t be able to do so right away.
- When we attempt to use your personal data for anything, you have the right to object.